2015 Conference Presentations
Keynote Speaker - Full Speech available to watch!
Lemn Sissay MBE, Poet and Broadcaster and Chancellor of Manchester University @lemnsissay - Watch the Key Note Speech Here in Full
Mini Key Note Speakers
The Policy Picture; Creating a self-managing, self-improving system - Frank Green CBE, National Schools Commissioner @frankxg - See the full video here.
Dave Watson, Strategic Director, Manchester TSA
Dr John Wm Stephens, Lead for Teaching Schools & School Improvement, NCTL @john_stephens67 - Watch the Mini Key Note Speech Here in Full.
Roger Pope, Newly Appointed Chair, NCTL @rogerjpope
Closing Remarks and Voting Results with Andy Crane @andycrane64
Panel Discussion - See the full video here.
Chaired by Andy Crane, TV and Radio Broadcaster @andycrane64
Dr John Wm Stephens, Lead for Teaching Schools and School Improvement, NCTL @john_stephens67
Lemn Sissay MBE, Poet and Broadcaster and Chancellor of Manchester University @lemnsissay
Frank Green CBE, National Schools Commissioner @frankxg
Professor Sam Twiselton, Director of Sheffield Institute of Education at Sheffield Hallam University @samtwiselton @SHU_SIoE
• Creative Public Leadership: From a Self-Improving to a Self-Determining School System - Joe Hallgarten, Director of Education, RSA Action and Research Centre @joehallg - Presentation coming soon.
• How To Effectively Develop Our Teaching and Learning Workforce Through Effective CPD - David Weston, Chief Executive, Teacher Development Trust and Chair, Department for Education’s Teacher Development Expert Group @informed_edu - Part 1 & Part 2 (Please note, this is also available in video format to School Led Conference 2015 delegates only. To view this session in full again, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
• After Carter: including SEND in ITE - Angela Holdsworth, Headteacher, Tor View Specialist Learning Community, Elizabeth O'Shaughnessy, Hawthorns School, Wendy Godfrey, Piper Hill and Susan Tailor, Ladywood @ladywoodschool - Presentation coming soon.
• Creating Possibilities During Headship and Beyond - Dr John Wm Stephens, Lead for Teaching Schools and School Improvement, NCTL @john_stephens67
• The Prevent Duty 2015 and the Impact on Schools – Yasin Khan, Schools Equality and Community Cohesion Lead, Rochdale Council
• Assessment Without Levels - Susan Shoveller, Deputy Executive Headteacher and Director South Farnham Teaching School @sshoveller
• What Research Can Show Us About Good Early Emotional Development - Dr Janet Rose, Principal Lecturer and Programme Leader in Early Education, Bath Spa University @bathspa_ife
• A Creative and Collaborative Approach to Preparing LLE’s for the School Led System. The GM LLE Collaborative. – Nick Parry, Director of Teaching and Learning for The Dean Trust and Teaching School Alliance and Joy Clark, Head Teacher. North Chadderton @joyclarknc
• The Developing Education Landscape and the Characteristics of Effective Collaboration in Responding to the Challenges - Robert Hill, Writer, Researcher and Blogger on School Partnerships @Robt_Hill - Watch the Presentation in Full Here!
•From SAT to MAT; Building Sustainable Capacity - Paul Smith, Regional Schools Commissioner for Lancashire and West Yorkshire @RSC_LWY @School_Leader and Pamela Birch, Head Teacher, Hambleton Primary Academy Trust
• A Whole School Approach to Closing Gaps – Charlotte Casewell, Assistant Principal, Sir William Stanier Community School
• Developing Strategic Partnerships within the School Led System: Principles and Practice - Sean Cavan, Head of Strategic Business Engagement, Sheffield Institute of Education at Sheffield Hallam University and Vice-Chair, Universities' Council for the Education of Teachers @Seancavan @SHU_SIoE
• Exploring the Role of Schools in Delivering the Cultural Education Challenge – Derri Burdon, Chief Executive @curiousderrib @curiousmindsnw and Sarah Bailey, Director of Development & Communication, Curious Minds @sarahlearns - Presentation coming soon.
• Creating Possibilities Through Effective Governance - Ruth Agnew, RMA Governor Support @ruthagnew and Andy Kent, NLG @andykent3
• Creating Cultures for Challenge and Change - Drew Povey, Head Teacher, Harrop Fold School @drewpovey