Chief Executive of Prestolee Multi Academy Trust
Mike was a classroom teacher for 15 years before becoming headteacher of Prestolee. With his leadership, Prestolee is now rated by Ofsted as outstanding, a National Teaching School and has a highly successful SCITT. Mike is now Head of the Prestolee Trust, a growing Multi Academy Trust committed to the importance of Primary Led Trusts retaining their unique offer in developing school led system.
Mike has served as a Headteacher Mentor, Headteacher representative on Schools Forum and supported the induction and development of new Headteachers. As a National Leader of Education Mike has supported system leaders and schools across the country.
In addition Mike is currently
- A leader of ‘Family of Schools’, an organisation of 80+ schools across Greater Manchester sharing expertise, practice and responding to the development needs of Primary Schools across the region.
- A director of By Schools for Schools, (formerly the Greater Manchester Challenge)
- Chair of the Greater Manchester Teaching Schools group
- A member of the Greater Manchester Learning Partnership and the North West School Improvement Board
- A member of the North West Teaching School Council Headteacher Board, representing Greater Manchester
His commitment to improving the school led system and working collaboratively to improve outcomes for all children was a fundamental driver in establishing the first school led conference in 2014. Prestolee’s School Led Conferences is an extension of this. Ensuring schools are informed, engaged and proactive in taking control and leadership of the education system in this country.
For more information about Mike's experience within the Education sector, please see his LinkedIn page.
You can follow Mike on Twitter @TongeMichael